We all love Georgia and Tbilisi and are delighted by Georgian friendliness and hospitality, but even here, in the land where a guest is a God-sent gift, one may end up in an awful place that will spoil your evening, dinner
and the joy of meeting. This happened to me and my friends one Sunday (June, 1) and I thought many (hope not too many) of you may have similar experience and it is also worth sharing, just as telling everybody about great places.
I’d like to open the list with the restaurant SENATE in the Vake Park.
Apart from having hilarious menu in English (e.g.:“mushrooms on flying-pan”) I dare to say they have THE WORST SERVICE and MANAGEMENT in Tbilisi and probably in the whole Georgia! I’ve been living here for quite a while and this was by far the worst restaurant experience in my life.
Because of their horrible service we spent almost two hours in the restaurant and we left hungry and angry. Here are only the major mishaps
during that time:
- The waiter was dumb as a sheep and didn’t speak any foreign
language, and even communicating with him in his native Georgian seemed not to give results.
- Plates and glasses arrived after 20 minutes
- Waited for a bottle of wine for 1h10min (reminded at least twice)
- Got spaghetti with mushrooms, cream and parmesan instead of the
ordered Bolognese plus the waiter (the dumb one) tried to convince us that this is the way Bolognese looks in their restaurant!
- Ordered two pizzas: one vegetarian and one with ham and mushrooms – got only the vegetarian one (quite disgusting), despite reminding about the other one twice.
- Ordered meat and fish assortments – guess what? Got only one –
- After asking for the fish assortment for the second and third time
and waiting another half an hour we asked for the bill. And here, surprise – the fish assortment, which we never even saw is in the bill (28 GEL)!!!!
- We asked to exclude the fish assortment from the bill, waited for
another 5 minutes for the correct bill and decided to leave – it was almost
10.30pm, kids were hungry (sic!!!) and they needed to sleep. The moment we got up from the table arrives… not the correct bill, THE FISH assortment!!! We left without touching the assortment.
- We got stopped at the exit by the manager who said, we had to pay
for the fish, because we ordered it and it was prepared on time!!!
- The manager kept saying that their scandalous service is a different
story and has nothing to do with the bill and us not eating the fish brought
after two hours of waiting. After a long argument, we paid the bill – 147,90
GEL. Not bad for the shittiest (sorry!) meal ever, huh?
- We gave 150 GEL and I stood at the counter waiting for the change for about two minutes, and here comes the idiot-waiter and he brings 2 GEL instead of 2,10 GEL change… It is not about the 10 tetri, it’s about the attitude. How dare they!?
At this point I just had no more strength to have another argument and we
The bottom line is: BEWARE!!! The restaurant has a great spot, and probably this is why it survives, but with this kind of management I hope it won’t survive long.